The Brown Bag Luncheons are free to the public. Each last from 12 Noon to 1 p.m. and is held on the third Wednesday of the month in the museum’s Michael L. Smith Room. Bring your lunch and the Museum Volunteers will have desserts and drinks for each.
- The 2017-2018 year begins September 20: “One Room Schools” is the topic. Those who attend are encouraged to bring at least one story to tell others about the experience of attending a one-room school as a youngster.
- October 18: Members of the award-winning Austin Show Choir, Dimensions, will perform.
- November 15: Ron Atkins will exhibit his collection of canes and talk about them.
- December 20: A Christmas Sing-Along with Bob and Wilma Hardy Hollis is planned.
- January 17: Brandon Polley, Marketing Director, of the Scott County Visitors Commission, will talk about road trips close to home that can be enjoyed.
- February 21: The popular Book Review will be offered featuring Janet Carter Hall, Chris Wakeman and a member of the Scott County Public Library staff.
- March 21: “Cooking with Cleo” is a repeat of a popular event. Cleo Watson, chef at Stream Cliff Farm, will provide tips and everyone will get to enjoy what she makes. A 41. fee will be charged to persons who attend.
- April 18: Dulcimers and the wonderful music they make in the hands of skilled musicians will be the entertainment.
- May 16: “Your Health and Nutrition’s Role” will be the topic.
The Brown Bag Luncheon series will end in May and resume in September, 2018